Homebrew Derailleur Adjuster

'tis time to rejoice - a four-day weekend is here (for me, at least), and I plan on lots o' biking around. An interesting thing I managed to build up is a little do-hicky for fine-tuning my front derailleur; with a lack of down-tube stops, I had to get a little more creative. I took the adjustment screw from the mounts that came with my RSX shifters, and attached a nut to it, et voila! a 2-cent in-line barrel adjuster:


It does its job, even if it ain't pretty. It mounts on the side of the shifters, where the derailleur cable leaves.


I've already been on a few rain rides, and it hasn't shown any signs of rust, so the long-term prospects seem good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gear Review: Butane Canister Refill Tool

Arrival in Italy: Days 1-3 in Florence

All-rounder Update: 200km Mark